Spring Break 2020 is on the horizon for Oregon, Washington and California schools and we couldn’t be more excited to welcome everyone to Sunriver for a week or fun, family and friendship. Here are 10 great ways to spend Spring Break 2020 when you visit Sunriver, Oregon:
Sunriver Spring Break 2020 Events
- Star Dome Planetarium Show, Sunriver Nature Center and Observatory, Saturday, March 21 — Have an out of this world Spring Break by attending a guided tour of the solar system in the inflatable planetarium at Sunriver Nature Center and Observatory. Programs last approximately 25 minutes and are limited to 15 guests. Pre-registration is highly recommended and the cost is $5.
- Indoor Black Light Glow Golf, Sunriver Resort Main Lodge, Saturdays March 21 & 28 — Experience mini-golf like never before. Head over to Sunriver Resort for indoor, blacklight mini-golf. This popular program includes rechargeable glow golf balls. Try your luck on the indoor blacklight putting course from 7-9pm. $10/person.
- Not Cho’ Grandma’s Bingo, Silver Moon Brewing, Sunday, March 22 & 29 — Head into Bend for one of the most fun Bingo experiences of your life. Every Sunday, Silver Moon Brewery provides Bingo fun alongside a breakfast/brunch menu, mimosa flights, prizes/giveaways and a Bloody Mary bar with over 20 different ingredients! Each week averages $1,000 in cash giveaways. Games start at $1 and work towards $5/card as the day progresses. A large portion of the Bingo sales benefits Mt. Bachelor Sports Education Foundation. Starting at 10:30am.
- Spring Break Nature Camp, Sunriver Nature Center and Observatory, March 23 – 27 — Campers ages 6-11 participate in hands-on experiences, each day with a different theme. Explore the outdoors, play games, learn about the natural world and take home a special craft of project. Sessions last from 10am to 12pm. $115.
- Family Rocketry, Sunriver Nature Center and Observatory, Tuesday, March 24 — Participate in a family-friendly rocketry adventure at the Sunriver Nature Center and Observatory. Learn about the history and future of rockets in space. Your family will work together to assemble and decorate your very own rocket and launch them into the air! $20/person.
- *Teen Night Pool Party, SHARC, Wednesday, March 25 — Let your teenagers enjoy a night out that includes ice cream, water basketball, volleyball games, the use of the hot tub and indoor aquatics. This event is for teens only, from ages 12-18. Reservations are required, call 541-585-3147. $11/general admission, $7/with SROA Member ID.
- Pints for Parkinson’s Bend Kickoff Party at Boneyard Beer, Thursday, March 26 from 5:30-8:30pm — Boneyard Beer hosts the kickoff party for Pints for Parkinson’s in Bend. Come to the Boneyard Pub and $1 of every pint purchased will benefit the Brian Grant Foundation. They will also be pre-selling Pints Passports to get 10 pints at any of the locations participating in Pints for Parkinson’s (one pint per location).
- *High Desert Stampede, Friday, March 27 — This fast-paced, entertaining event draws a variety of spectators from avid rodeo fans to people new to the sport. Many people visiting Central Oregon for Spring Break round out their vacation of golfing and skiing with an evening at the rodeo. High Desert Stampede brings top tier rodeo athletes and livestock to Central Oregon as an annual tradition. See all of your favorite athletes in every rodeo event!
- Date Night – Wine Bottle Drinking Glasses, DIYcave, March 27 — Treat your special someone to a unique date night at DIYcave in Bend. Fill your cupboard with cool drinking glasses made from your empty wine bottles. Learn how to cut them using an easy to build jig and how to polish the rim of the glasses with their custom torch setup. Bring four empty bottles and turn them into glasses!
- Hella Big Air at Mt. Bachelor, Saturday, March 28 — Closeout your Spring Break vacation by attending one of our favorite riding events at Mt. Bachelor. Watch skiers and snowboarders take on a massive jump and compete for a huge cash prize purse. The competition includes two jump take-offs to accommodate a wide range of athletes for maximum air. The Pine Marten lift remains open until 7pm for skiing and riding while Brother Ali performs live starting at 4:30pm. Watch the event finals on a big screen monitor.
Create Memories to Last a Lifetime
Spring Break 2020 in Sunriver offers a wide variety of events and special activities in addition to your tried and true favorites — skiing and snowboarding at Mt. Bachelor, spring golfing, ice skating, dining, shopping and hiking. Contact Sunset Lodging today to book your Sunriver vacation rental for Spring Break 2020! See you in Sunriver!
* High Desert Stampede has been canceled for 2020.
*SHARC will be closed until further notice due to precautions for preventing the spread of coronavirus.