Living in Sunriver, we know there are more than seven reasons to visit, but we’ve gathered together our favorites to give you an insider’s guide to an autumn getaway. After the hustle and bustle of the summer season settles, many visitors have discovered why visiting Sunriver in the fall months of September and October have their advantages. Sit back, relax and enjoy Sunriver at a slower pace. From the changing of the leaves to watching your favorite college football team take on the competition, you’ll love Sunriver in the fall.
Why Visit Sunriver in the Fall
- Have Your Pick of Sunriver Vacation Rentals & Our Deepest Discount — Visiting Sunriver in the off seasons means you have more home options to choose from. Was your favorite house booked this summer? Come in the fall and enjoy the peace, quiet and comfort of your favorite Sunriver homes.
- Dine Like a Local — Didn’t get the chance to try all of the restaurants you had hope to this summer due to long waits? Come in the fall and dine like a local. Enjoy premier seating at the Brewhouse, have pizza delivered in less than 45 minutes and try all of the exciting dining options available in Sunriver.
- Swim at the SHARC — Sure, you can swim at the SHARC all summer, but coming to Sunriver in September means your kids won’t have to wait in a long line to go down the waterslide on a double inner tube. September still boasts hot, summer-like days perfect for swimming outside at the SHARC.
- Enjoy Community Culture Throughout Central Oregon — Fall in Central Oregon means film, theater, live music, art and a variety of community events that draw visitors from all over the region. From the Bend Roots Revival music festival, which features more than 120 bands at the end of September to the annual BendFilm Festival in October, you’ll love spending time immersed in the Central Oregon arts and entertainment scene.
- Crisp Nights = Perfect Hot Tub Weather — As the temperatures decrease in Central Oregon, there’s no better time to unwind in the comfort of a cozy hot tub. The temperature outside isn’t too hot or too cold, making a soak in a Sunriver hot tub the perfect conclusion to your evening.
- Seasonal Brews — Lovers of seasonal craft brews absolutely must plan to visit Sunriver in the fall. With Sunriver Brewing Company located in the Village Mall, the Mountain Jug in the business park and dozens of breweries and cideries only a short distance away in Bend, you’ve got your choice of tons of amazing fermented beverages. From pumpkin beer to fresh hop brews, there’s no better time for beer in Central Oregon than the fall.
- Don’t Miss the Big Game — From homes with cable to a variety of restaurants and bars showing college and professional football games, you won’t have to worry about missing your team score when you visit Sunriver in the fall. Head down to the Village Bar and Grill, The Wallow or the Twisted River Tavern to watch the game with fellow football fans.
What are you waiting for? Whether planning to attend the BendFilm Festival in October or enjoying a romantic fall getaway with your sweetheart, there’s something for everyone when you visit Sunriver in the fall.