With November quickly approaching, now is the time to start thinking about your winter vacation plans. The coronavirus pandemic is still affecting the world and with many destinations off-limits due to travel restrictions in many countries, this may be the perfect time to stay close to home and plan a Sunriver winter vacation. Pack up the skis, snowboards and sleds and head to Central Oregon to enjoy the winter wonderland from the hot tub in a Sunriver vacation rental from Sunset Lodging.
Spend a Socially Distanced Winter in Sunriver
- Social Distancing Made Easy — Sunriver is the perfect location to spread out and enjoy nature. The businesses in Sunriver have all made alterations in order to keep you and their staff safe during these unconventional times. It can be difficult in some locations to adventure outside, but Central Oregon makes it easy.
- Mt. Bachelor Passes with Covid Coverage — We’re all very excited for a fun season up at Mt. Bachelor skiing and snowboarding. This season, the mountain has added additional Covid-19 coverage to season and multi-day pass holders. You can read more about that in our recent blog post.
- Sledding at Local Sno Parks — From sledding at Wanoga Sno Park to tubing at Mt. Bachelor’s Snowblast Tube Park, there are plenty of great options for non-skiers in your group. The kids will love cruising down the hill on a disc or toboggan. Remember to get a Sno Park parking permit!
- Food Delivery to Your Door — We all miss dining in restaurants, but many Sunriver eateries have evolved with the changing times. This winter, have food delivered to your door and enjoy many of the area’s best delicacies from the comfort of your vacation rental.
- Star Gazing — This year, Sunriver was added to the International Dark-Sky Association’s list of Dark Sky Places. The dark sky in Sunriver makes it the optimal place for stargazing. Hop in the hot tub and look upward for a cozy evening of starry sights you won’t soon forget!
- Traditions at Sunriver Resort — While Grand Illumination has been canceled for 2020, Sunriver Resort still has plans to continue Traditions! Sip cocoa by the fire, build your own bear, enjoy a holiday meal with all the fixings and admire the holiday light show in the Backyard.
- Ice Skating at The Village — The Village announced that the ice skating rink will be opening in mid-November with Covid-19 precautions in place. Expect an online reservation system and book your afternoon of skating in advance shortly.
- Snowshoeing at Virginia Meissner Sno Park — There are many interesting and secluded places to strap on a pair of snowshoes and start exploring. Virginia Meissner Sno Park is one of our favorite places along with Swampy Lakes. Hike to three different warming huts at various distances and enjoy a snowy wonderland.
- Squeaky Clean Vacation Homes — At Sunset Lodging, we have updated our cleaning practices to ensure a safe environment for our guests. We have adjusted arrival and departure times to allow for proper sanitation of all areas of our homes. We’re doing everything we can to ensure the safety of our guests, our staff and the local community.
- Winter Seasonal Craft Brews — As winter approaches, so do the seasonal craft brews! Visit Sunriver Brewing to try the latest and greatest from their selection of craft beers. Expand your palate even more by visiting Mountain Jug and bringing home growlers of other carefully selected craft beverages including seasonal stouts and porters.
Book Your Sunriver Winter Vacation Home with Sunset Lodging Today
The snow has started to fall in Central Oregon and up at Mt. Bachelor. We can’t wait to welcome you and your group to Sunriver for a socially distanced winter among the trees and stars. Browse our selection of Sunriver vacation homes and remember to book early if you’ll be visiting during the week between Christmas and New Year! See you in Sunriver!